In 2009 I obtained my MSc degree in Psychology at Utrecht University. My MSc thesis focused on body representation in anorexia nervosa in the visual and tactile domain and formed the basis of my PhD project. I obtained my PhD in 2014 at the department of Experimental Psychology at Utrecht University. The main aim of my PhD project was investigating body representation disturbances in perception and action in anorexia nervosa patients, and its relation with body dissatisfaction. In collaboration with Altrecht Eating Disorders Rintveld I conducted several studies on somatosensory perception, body-scaled action and visuo-tactile integration in anorexia nervosa. Currently I am working as a post doc researcher at the department of Experimental Psychology at Utrecht University (in collaboration with the department of Clinical & Health Psychology and Altrecht Eating Disorders Rintveld). My post doc project focuses on body size experience in anorexia nervosa and the role bodily illusions in virtual reality play in changing the disturbed experience of body size. In addition, in a running study I am investigating the effectiveness of a new therapeutic intervention specifically directed at body size experience in action. http://www.anoukkeizer.com
- Too fat to fit through the door: First evidence for disturbed body-scaled action in anorexia nervosa during locomotion.
- Hoop training: a pilot study assessing the effectiveness of a multisensory approach to treatment of body image disturbance in anorexia nervosa.
- A Virtual Reality Full Body Illusion Improves Body Image Disturbance in Anorexia Nervosa.
- Does the experience of ownership over a rubber hand change body size perception in anorexia nervosa patients?
- Aberrant somatosensory perception in Anorexia Nervosa.
- Tactile body image disturbance in anorexia nervosa.
Click here to view my articles on pubmed.