Hans Wijbrand Hoek
Hans Wijbrand Hoek, MD PhD, is a consultant psychiatrist (1990), a certified epidemiologist and group psychotherapist. He is chair of the Parnassia Academy and director of psychiatric residency of Parnassia Psychiatric Institute (Parnassia Groep) in The Hague, as well as professor of psychiatry at the University of Groningen. He holds an adjunct position as professor of epidemiology at Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health, New York. Hans Wijbrand Hoek has published extensively, particularly in the fields of eating disorders and psychosis.His main research topics are the epidemiology, neurobiology and treatment of eating disorders. He has a special interest in transcultural psychiatry. He is involved in the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013 (and its predecessor GBD 2010). Hans Wijbrand Hoek was involved in the development of the DSM-5 as a member of the DSM-5 Eating Disorders Work Group and of the DSM-5 Impairment and Disability Study Group. He is past president of the Eating Disorders Research Society and was the recipient of the Academy of Eating Disorders Research Award 2011. He is a member of the editorial board for four eating disorders journals, as well as section editor Eating Disorders for Current Opinion in Psychiatry. He is past chairman of the Steering Group on Eating Disorders in the Netherlands, set up by the Dutch Ministry of Health. He is a consultant for the World Health Organization for the development of the WHODAS 2.0.
- Maternal and Early Childhood Determinants of Women’s Body Size in Midlife
- Aggression Regulation in Day Treatment of Eating Disorders: Two‐Centre RCT of a Brief Body and Movement‐Oriented Intervention
- Voedings- en eetstoornissen in de DSM-5
- New developments in the treatment of eating disorders
- Altered food-cue processing in chronically ill and recovered women with anorexia nervosa
- Incidence and weight trajectories of binge eating disorder among young women in the community
- Global, regional, and national disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) for 306 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE) for 188 countries, 1990-2013: quantifying the epidemiological transition
- Global, regional and national comparative risk assessment of 79 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks in 188 countries 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013
- Anorexia nervosa versus bulimia nervosa: differences based on retrospective correlates in a case-control study
- Three decades of eating disorders in Dutch primary care: decreasing incidence of bulimia nervosa but not of anorexia nervosa
- Anorexia Nervosa: when appetite does not come natural
- Anorexia nervosa versus bulimia nervosa: differences based on retrospective correlates in a case–control study
- Epidemiology of eating disorders in Latin America: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Attentional bias for reward and punishment in overweight and obesity: The TRAILS study
- Review of the worldwide epidemiology of eating disorders
- Retrospective correlates for bulimia nervosa: a matched case-control study
- Dieting and binge eating in a large European cohort of adolescents: the I. Family study
- ental capacity to consent to treatment in anorexia nervosa: explorative study
- Behavioral outcomes of picky eating in childhood: a prospective study in the general population
- Rate, timing and predictors of relapse in patients with anorexia nervosa following a relapse prevention program: a cohort study
- Associations between neural correlates of visusal stimulus processing and set-shifting in ill and recovered women with anorexia nervosa
- Mental capacity to consent to treatment and the association with outcome: a longitudinal study in patients with anorexia nervosa
- Maternal and Early Childhood Determinants of Women’s Body Size in Midlife: Overall Cohort and Sibling Analyses
- Daling boulimia nervosa in huisartsenpraktijk
- Body Mass Index Trajectories from Adolescence to Early Young Adulthood: Do Adverse Life Events Play a Role?
- Evidence-based clinical guidelines for eating disorders: international comparison
- Cognitive behavioral therapy and predictors of weight loss in bariatric surgery patients
- Epidemiology and treatment of eating disorders in men and women of middle and older age
- Childhood maltreatment and eating disorder pathology: a systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis
- Compulsory treatment in anorexia nervosa: A review.
Click here to view my articles on pubmed.